Collection of Information
We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Solution and Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes, for service improvement and analytics. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
"Personal Information" is personally identifiable information, such as your name, phone number, address, location, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Website or App or be able to access and use the Website or App at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website or App. We collect and store some Personal Information relating to your account registration, transmission of information from the ORA Link to the App, communications between users in the same Network, communications with you, user support, user surveys, and your use of the Service.
"Non-Personal Information" is non-personally identifiable information, such as your internet protocol address (IP Address), provided the address has been stripped of all personal information, the domain used to access the Service, and the type and version of browser or operating system used by visitors of the Website or the type of mobile device on which the App is installed. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website or in the App is not considered Personal Information. Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Registration Information: We collect some Personal Information when you create an account with the Service, including your name, username, password and mobile phone number. You have the option to add additional information to your User profile, including a profile picture. Your username is visible to all Users of the Service, as is the information in your profile page, including your profile picture and mobile phone number.
- Wearer Information. Once the subscription for the Service has been activated, the ORA Link will collect and transmit information to the App while the ORA Link is within range of the Bluetooth signal on the Wearer’s smartphone. In addition to transmitting alert notifications that are triggered by the Wearer, the ORA Link tracks and transmits the Wearer’s location, and also transmits accelerometer information about the Wearer, which will be displayed in the App as the Wearer’s activity levels.
- Information Sharing between Wearer and Network Members: The Wearer of the ORA Link will be able to invite individuals to join the Wearer’s Network. In the event of an emergency or when an alert is transmitted by the ORA Link, the Network will be contacted via the App and notified of the location of your mobile device. The App displays your activity levels to members of the Network.
- All payments for the Solution, including purchases of the ORA Links and/or ongoing subscription fees are payable in advance by credit card. Payments can be made by submitting your credit card information to our merchant account gateway provided and hosted by Shopify. Shopify collects and stores all payment information, and we do not collect or store any payment information or process any payments.
- Marketing Communications. If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our ORA Links and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication, or by contacting our marketing department at email@example.com.
- Mobile Device Information: We collect some information about the device through which you access the Service, such as device model, screen size, and operating system version.
- Statistics: We collect statistics about use of the ORA Solution. This information will be kept confidential; however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
Disclosures and Transfers
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the ORA Solution and Website. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the ORA Solution and Website and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of the ORA Solution or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password for the Services to third parties.
Amendment of this Policy
Access and Accuracy
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions or if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: January 12, 2017